Tuesday 1 May 2012

Something nice from 'How to Speak Dog' by Stanley Coren

A lovely extract from the book, interpreting the breathing of his dogs and what it says to him -

'I am here for you', the dog's breath said. 'We will face this life together. There is no beast or intruder that can steal up on you undetected because I am here, and I will be your eyes and ears. No harm will come to you because I am at your side to warn you, and to defend you if need be'.
'We will hunt together tomorrow. We will herd together tomorrow. We will share the sunshine tomorrow. We will explore this world together. We will play together, even though neither of us is any longer a child'.
'If luck turns bad, then when you grieve, I will comfort you. You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath'

Listen to your own dog at night and get the peace that his or her rhythmic breathing brings to you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment